Harry Alexander Classic Cars was born out of a desire to make the world of classic cars more accessible and the dream of ownership a more realisable aspiration.
We want to make the buying and selling of classic and modern classic cars online easier, more transparent, and more cost effective, wherever you happen to be in the world.
What really matters to us is not necessarily how much a car costs, how rare it is, or how fast it goes, but how it makes you feel. Whilst classic and modern classic cars of course are assets in their own right, we believe that ultimately, they ought to be driven and enjoyed.
Nevertheless, whilst price tags are not everything, when buying or selling it is vital to know what is a fair price. We have an acute knowledge of the classic and modern classic market for both LHD and RHD vehicles, and we know their respective values across the world.
What sets us apart?
We are different not only because of what we do but importantly, how we do it.
- We buy and sell our own exciting and iconic cars across the world.
- We also sell on behalf of clients globally, allowing private individuals to list and sell for free, harnessing the power, reach and professionalism of our online presence.
- When selling on behalf of a client for free, buyers pay an industry leading 4.75%. In most cases, this figure is less than half of what the average auction house charges whether at a physical auction or online.
- We embolden buyers by giving them confidence to buy in the knowledge that we have ensured the identity of the owner and the registration documentation of the vehicle, making sure they match!
- For any car that we have for sale, we can arrange a marque specialist or certified mechanic to conduct an inspection or appraisal to reassure buyers.
- Where requested, we can help to facilitate the safe and smooth transportation of vehicles from seller to buyer anywhere in the world.
- With our 'Bespoke Search' service, (our favourite job!) we take a completely tailored approach to finding exactly what a buyer wants. Saving them time and money, hunting for value, and when we find it, negotiating on their behalf to realise the best possible deal.
Where it all began:
Harry Alexander Classic Cars was founded by former British Army officer Blake Heslop-Charman and named after his first son, Harry.
With a passion for all things cars from a young age, Blake could spot a BMW at age 4. and devoured car magazines and brochures whenever he could get his hands on them. At age 10 there was nothing in the world he would rather do than sit outside Harrods ogling the incredible machinery on display and wondering just how far his pocket money could stretch...
Fast forward over two decades and whilst the pocket money has sadly dried up, the passion and childhood memories remain.
"I distinctly remember the excitement when I was about 7 or 8 and my parents were looking at buying a R129 Mercedes-Benz SL in a beautiful metallic blue with cream leather. Before they bought it, after school one day, they took me to the showroom to have a look and importantly, see if I could fit in the back seat. Anyone who has been in the back of an SL will know that there really isn't much space at all and it really is designed for either very short trips or very short people!
I thought it was the coolest thing. It was low and wide, with a removable hard top and a fully electric soft top and even had an automatically deployable roll bar, quite something in the mid 90s. Of course I said that I had plenty of space!
It certainly made a long lasting impression. It was such an incredible car. Timeless style, impressive road holding ability and reassuringly heavy doors, giving the driver and passenger alike, the first indication of the high build quality and engineering standards.
Having had such an impact on me when I was still in short trousers, I knew I always wanted one of my own one day. After a few years in the Army, and also having waited for the R129 shape to reach what I considered to be the bottom of the market I began my search..."
We are supported by a network of individuals who put us in touch with those looking to buy or sell, or who wish to make use of our other services such as restoration management or finding their dream car.
We are also fortunate to be able to call upon a panel of advisers and mentors around the world who, alongside a love of motoring, have long standing experience in both the corporate world and as entrepreneurs.
If you are as passionate as we are about classic and modern classic cars, whether it be their history, racing pedigree or most importantly, simply driving them, then we would love to hear from you.
Favourite classic car event?
Concorso d'Eleganza, Villa D'Este, Lake Como.
Favourite classic cars?
Alfa Romeo TZ2
Aston Martin DB6 Volante
Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
Aston Martin DBS
Austin Healey 100M
BMW 2002 Turbo
BMW E9 CSL
Jaguar E Type Series 1
Land Rover Defender
Mercedes-Benz W113 and R107 SL
Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS
Range Rover Classic
Ones to watch/best value Modern Classics?
Aston Martin DB7 & DB9
Bentley Arnage T Final Series
Bentley Continental R (pre VW)
Bentley Turbo R
BMW 8 Series (particularly manual versions)
BMW E46 M3 or 330CI
Jaguar XKR/XK8 (X100)
Mercedes-Benz C215 CL
Mercedes-Benz R129 & R230 SL
Porsche 911 996 Facelift
Range Rover Classic
Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE